Brown Funeral Homes have helped hundreds of families prepare for tomorrow through pre-planning their funeral arrangements.
We offer dedicated pre-arrangement / advanced planning services. Our full time planner, Stephen Hedges, is a Certified Preplanning Consultant and will strive to provide our families the highest quality of funeral service possible. This dedication assures appropriate and sensitive services while dealing with critical ethical, contractual, funding and consumer service and protection issues. Please contact Steve at our King Street location for further information or discussion.
When pre-planning a funeral, all of your thoughts and wishes can be considered. Your family will know what you want, and not what they think you want. At Brown, we'll help you put it in writing. Our pre-planning conference can include:
• Recording of biographical information for newspaper notices and death certificates
• Selection of merchandise and services
• Choice of pre-funding alternatives
• Guaranteed funeral pricing
• Out-of-town arrangements
• Detailed price lists of services and merchandise before you make your selections
• Written statements listing all costs of the funeral services and merchandise you have purchased for your records
• Irrevocable Funeral Trusts
Advantages of preplanning:
• You establish a permanent file at the funeral home
• You can have all of your affairs in order and include / inform family members of your requests and wishes
• You can have peace of mind knowing that there are funds to cover funeral expenses
• You can lessen the emotional and financial burden of your survivors during a sorrowful time
• You can protect yourself against rising funeral costs over the years
Our Home or Your Home
Pre-planning and pre-funding can be discussed in the comfort and privacy of your own home, or at one of our funeral homes, without obligation. Whatever you decide, we are here to help you in any way. We will provide the information you need and discuss all options that are available to you, at a time and location convenient for you.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Steve Hedges at 304-263-8896, or any of our knowledgeable staff, for any additional questions, discussion or information. However, if you choose, you may take a first step in pre-planning from home by filling out the Pre-Planning form below. Once completed, you may click “SUBMIT” as directed to submit this form electronically. Or, you may print it out, complete it by hand and mail it to the Funeral Home. We will follow up with you by phone when we receive your information.